Wednesday 20 January 2016

Back after a LONG Hiatus.

I've been very busy, which is a very bad excuse for not being here. One of the things I vowed is that I would make a much bigger effort to keep up to date on my blog. Please help me keep this vow. I'm holding you (as well as me) accountable. K?

Now that we have that out of the way. 
I kept trying to pick a project that I've completed to highlight this first blog post of the year. Kept going through my pictures and I just can't seem to make up my mind. So I thought maybe I would just show you some of the things I've done since my last blog post. Sounds fair to me right? 

So here goes! WARNING.....picture heavy!

 Pretty Coral dresser done for a client. Not my usual colour...but turned out exactly as she wanted for her little girl :)
 One of about a dozen couches I've done in the last year. Massive projects but some of my favs as well since they usually go from being absolutely ready for the dump to something you would be proud to have in your home.


 This sold almost instantly. It sat for probably 3 months before it spoke to me and told me to hurry up and just do it..so glad I listened.
 My first fabric/wood combo piece. I won't be so afraid to do this again. I love the result.
 This stool now sits proudly in my living room. I've done my whole living room in this material and LOVE it.
 This baby was bought at a yard sale and was in a bright pumpkin orange. Hubby told me to burn it, it was THAT ugly! But once I did this to it....he fell in love and now sits in our front hallway. :)



 Notice a theme? Oh my....some of these chairs are not completed in the pictures. I swear they are done and are all now gracing someone else's home.
 This one sold before she was done....Love when that happens.
 This one was a restoration. Yup, do that too.
 What a great foot stool that I found out was originally a piano bench. how cool is that?

 This pretty lady came from England and I picked her up in Tennessee. She now has a new home in Ontario :)
 And this went to a family with a British background...how perfect is that?
 This one was a surprise for a mans fiance...what a sweet gift.
 And who doesn't love antique wash stands? Right?
 I have no idea who has these now. Is it sad that I don't remember every story?
 And this wonderful wing back...note, that stool now sits in front of this chair.
 This set went home to be with a man who had just bought his first home. His very first pieces of furniture to move in. I love that :)
 And these wing backs...matching set. Pay no attention to the fabric hanging down. I sometimes take pics before I finish up the details.
Notice a theme here? 

I'm doing a LOT more upholstery. And I LOVE it. 
But I can't give up the painting. It's so nice to do both, so I can never get tired of what I do. 
Would love your feedback on anything you've seen and thoughts on what you would like to see this year.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It's great seeing some of your latest creations. We are still looking for a TV stand for our main floor. Please let me know if you come across anything.
    Thanks.
    Amy Kube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She's back and better than ever! Missed you and your amazing creativity... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I really enjoy reading it. Very instructive, keep on writing.Thanks for sharing.
    ghost mannequin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog. If you want promote your business just check sms gateway price india, we provide entire service related bulk sms, Ratsms is the top leading promotional sms provider.
    Check out sms api pricing, we provides different kind of Bulk SMS services Without DLT | Free SMS API | Free Registration


    sms api pricing
    cheapest sms gateway india
    sms gateway price india
    promotional sms provider
    bulk sms provider hyderabad

    ReplyDelete