Tuesday 18 March 2014

Sweet Diamonds.

Our daughter has a friend who is just starting out. 
She asked me to help her find some furniture...well DA of course I would. 
Hello, who can resist a furniture shopping trip? 

I don't have any before pictures...but it looked something like this

It was in fairly good shape...a bit of the veneer was missing on the top so I ripped off the first layer of veneer. 
For those of you who don't know..if its a really old table, they often (almost always) put two layers of veneer over wood. I was very lucky to get away with being able to remove only one layer and have the second layer in perfect condition. 
Not only that...but it was really pretty too. 

My daughters friend wanted something sturdy but she wanted it updated as well. 
So this is what we came up with. 

 She chose a light grey because lets face it...grey goes with anything. Since she is renting for now it will go with the blue walls in this place but her next home may have red. It will fit in no matter what.
 And what girl doesn't like a diamond or two :)

 The base was painted and distressed. And really how sweet are these legs?

 Even the bottoms of these legs are perfect.
 My daughter is rather jealous and made her friend promise that if she ever wants to get rid of the table to call my daughter first.

What a great way to bring something old into the 21st century and all dressed up for a new life. 

Sharing:
Domestically Speaking
Elizabeth & Co. 
Savvy Southern Style  
Miss Mustard Seed 
  

2 comments: