Tuesday 25 March 2014

More Spring time love

As much as I want to complain about winter, I simply can't do that today.
The sun was shining and the snow was melting, although it didn't get above freezing.
I did get to spend the day with my daughter...and I got a surprise in the mail today. I won't really spoil the surprise, but I will tell you that I plan on blogging all about it soon (I promise)

And I can share another spring time project with you today :)

I love spring and all the colours it brings.
I have a client who had asked me to find her a desk for her photography business. Who am I to say no?
Seriously I love old desks and I love custom finishes. Sharing ideas and bringing it all together. Well my part anyway.

So I found a desk that I hoped would fit her needs.
She said it would...and so the design work began. 
She wanted white and mustard yellow...and maybe lace if it could closely match her business cards.
Obviously I could spend thousands of hours looking for the perfect lace match...or I could get totally lucky and find something that works almost to a T and create this! 


 How great is this mustard yellow top with lace painted top?
 Not a perfect match...but the design is great.
 The original pulls and knobs were reused and painted to match the top.
 All of it distressed.





Including the distressed hardware.
Happy client...happy spring (soon....it has to be soon) And happy me. :) 

And if you are in South Western Ontario



5 comments:

  1. How very pretty. You don't see much furniture that is yellow and white. I love how fresh and spring-like it looks. You did a wonderful job on it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and it does bring in a spring-like atmosphere!

    Susan, in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fresh and pretty! And a great match to your client's business cards! What a unique request!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a brilliant job of the matching cards and desk top. Just beautiful and so light and feminine :)
    http://thesecondbestthingsinlife.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete