Sunday 9 February 2014

Magazine table

I remember going to Dr's offices and dentist offices and seeing those magazine tables sitting in the waiting rooms. 
They were wonderful.
Now you just see low tables with a pile of books or magazines thrown on them. No character at all. 
So when I saw this little beauty at a thrift store I just had to bring it home. 
It was in such good shape I seriously considered just leaving it alone. 
But then I started to clean it. 
This had been sitting in a smokers home.......omgoodness!
The chore and uuukkkk that came off of this was ccccrazy! 

So after scrubbing and cleaning and making it smell like new. I figured it needed some wonderful paint to make it as it should be. 
 It's the perfect height and size to be used as an end table.
 I didn't display any magazines in it since they kinda stay in the bathroom.
 But now looking at it, I think it would also be perfect for holding knitting needles or cross stitch while keeping all that sort of stuff up off the floor so the dogs (or cats) will be less tempted to use that as sort of thing as a toy. (yes I have experience with pets playing with that)

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a very cute re-do. I love those magazine tables. Good idea to use it for needlework. Visiting here from Elizabeth & Co.

    Have a great week!

    ~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! I love those little magazine tables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why but this web site is loading extremely slow for me.
    Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end?
    I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.


    My website: source

    ReplyDelete