Friday 19 April 2013

Sunny dresser

It's Friday right?
What a busy busy week so far. And it's not over.
I've been armpit deep in furniture. Yes I said armpit, some of these pieces are really big.

Remember the "stuff" I picked up two weekends ago?
You can see it all HERE
I need to post about the long dresser and I will once I get my other computer up and running. I had a bit of a computer "crash" issue and I haven't been able to turn it on...with all my thousands of pictures. Can we say PANIC!!
Yup!
Ohhh back to the dresser.
This is the one I am talking about






Isn't it sweet?
It even has the dust separators between the drawers. I've really been loving the whole mid century thing lately. It's not normally "my thing" but they are such solid pieces so they seldom come to me in bits and pieces... a real joy to work with.
I had found an oops paint in yellow that I was dying to try out and this seemed like the perfect piece.
So off we went.
I wanted to do something a little bit different with this. So the top received a good sanding, new stain and a very soft grey paint that was distressed to really look worn down. 

Isn't it just perfect? 
I am really loving the grey with the yellow.. 
 And of course I updated the hardware. The knobs were replaced with these sweet ceramic balls I found at hobby lobby.
 The handles were painted and highlighted
I think they bring the top and the body together. 
And of course the sweet legs :) 

Now I have to introduce my desk. Well it's mine for right now. 
I've started work on it but it's not finished. I just couldn't wait to show you.
 It's in rough shape...but can't you vision the finished product?? I'm just sooooooooo excited by this.

 Yup...it has some rough spots...but fear not. It's solid and wonderful!
 Should I add the casters back on?


Can't wait to post the finished product early next week! 
Have a wonderful weekend :) 

Sharing here:
From my Front Porch to Yours
Miss Mustard Seed 
Domestically Speaking 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment