Monday 22 April 2013

Black Waterfall

I feel bad. 
For a friend. 
Her father is moving into a home with full time care. 
It takes a lot out of people to have to move their parents..it can't be easy. I've never had to deal with that. 
And even in the midst of all of that, she thought of me. She called me and told me she had a dresser I might be interested in. Could I come get it. 
I said of course. 
So off I went. 
This is what she showed me.
 This pic was taken after I took one drawer out and the handles off...
 Check out those handles! Love Bakelite!

And how cute are those feet? A bit on the "busy" side..but love the shape! 

So after cleaning the hardware and trying to picture different colours in my mind...it just kept screaming BLACK to me. Ever get that? I know, strange, but I swear my pieces speak to me and beg me to be certain colours. 
So what was I to do but listen! 
 I think he's much happier being black. Those stripes were rather confusing on his feet.

 I cleaned up the hardware and put it back on.

 Now he is distinguished from head to foot.
You can't see all the detail in the mirror, but trust me it's very nice. 

All in all I think I'm as happy as he is. :) 

7 comments:

  1. This piece is so handsome! What black paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly I can't remember, and I can't run to my workshop to figure it out since I"m on vacation about 800 miles from home. lol

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black was definitely the colo it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me I'm not the only who has furniture speak to me? ;)

      Delete
  4. Just beautiful! And so sophisticated in black!

    ReplyDelete