Monday 11 March 2013

Industrial style dresser

This is a first for me. 
Normally I love doing the whole paint and distress or glaze thing. And I did do both for this piece but in a totally different way. 
If you read my post on the French provincial set From ewww to Ahhhhh You would know that I was able to go in and remove some wonderful pieces from this home that will be sold. 

One of the things I picked up was a solid wood dresser. This one is unique though. It's not all that old I would guess it was built in the 60's or early 70's. But it's solid, I mean solid. The shape was not something I had ever seen before and when I laid my eyes on it I knew instantly that I wanted to give it an industrial feel. 
Sadly I was so excited I neglected to take any before pictures. I was getting so good at the whole before thing too...so please forgive me for my slip up. 
I stripped it down, stained it and then painted the base with a really nice medium grey. 

 I then started mixing different coloured glazes. I started with a green glaze, followed with a light grey, then layered a purple over it...then I sanded it down a bit. Then finally followed it all with a black. Then sanded it down again before sealing it with a Poly.
 I really wish I could get the colours to come through in these pics. The pictures don't even come close to what it really looks like.

 I do love the unique shape of this dresser.
 And don't you just love the new wheels? I thought it added to the whole "industrial" feel. 




I really love this. I wish I had a place for it in my own home or cottage. I picture it in a man cave or in a rec room with a TV on it. Or I see it in a boys room. It to me is just to cool! 

2 comments:

  1. wow! This looks awesome!!! I am loving the industrial vibe so many pieces have now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours that you mixed. What a great job and so in with furniture trends right now.

    ReplyDelete