Sunday 9 December 2012

Cute green desk

Fast and slow...or hurry up and wait seems to be the name of the game for me this last two weeks. 
A lot going on but in bits and pieces. Some wonderful things happening, and some not so wonderful things happened. 
I haven't been posting a lot simply because my mood hasn't been there. We had a loss in our family which is always hard to deal with, but especially at this time of year when we are supposed to be celebrating. 
As much as we like to think we come together to celebrate a life lived...and a wonderful life at that...it's never easy to say goodbye. 
To all of you reading my blog who is dealing with this too I only have one thing to say...
HUGS! 

Now on to share a desk project that I did that I really do love. 

This desk came to me a little beat up or as I like to say...well loved. 

 Cute little desk. I thought it was the perfect size for an apartment or a front hall or just a place to sit your laptop on. After all, the bigger the space the more room you have to store junk right? 

 A full drawer with a lock, how cute is that...and check out those front legs below.

However this does have some damage that someone covered up with tape. Who does that? Tape...really? 
Oh well. 
After a bit of work I came away with this. 
 Isn't she cute?
 I fixed the damage, then used my home made chalk paint because I didn't want to sand it down. I wanted to distress it and let the wood colour shine through.



Sometimes I do sand it all down before painting then distress...but normally if I do that I will stain it before painting it. I love a dark wood shining through, not an almost white. 
So what do you think? I think it's perfect :) 
Course I am a bit biased...lol 

And just to pick up the mood here a bit, I want to share a few Christmas'y things with you. Parts of my decorating scheme. 
 I have a huge santa collection. My kids and husband think I'm nuts. I think I have slightly over 30 now. But really....who's counting ;)
 I've also been trying to build a bit of a village. They are a mismash of different styles and as you can see the carolers are way to big. But I don't care. I pick things I like :)
Aren't they cute? 

Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season, and you get to spend some time with those you love. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment